On-Site Volunteer position descriptions are below. If you would like to volunteer during the conference:
- review the volunteer position descriptions below and decide which areas you would like to help
- view the volunteer shift schedule and decide which shifts you'd like to work
- indicate your desired shifts by putting your name on the schedule in the appropriate spots
- complete the volunteer interest form so that we have your contact info
- join the OSBridge Google Group, where we'll post conference announcements, discussions and volunteer needs
If you have any questions, email our Volunteer Coordinator, Christie Koehler (christiekoehler at gmail dot com).
- 1 Setup Day Volunteers
- 2 Speaker Party Volunteers
- 3 Volunteer Coordinators
- 4 Hacker Lounge Coordinators (Day and Evening)
- 5 Session Room Helpers (one per room)
- 6 General Event Support
- 7 Speaker lounge coordinator
- 8 Greeters (8am to 10am)
- 9 Registration Assistant Coordinator (8am to 4:45pm)
- 10 Nice to Haves
Setup Day Volunteers
4-5 volunteers to help set up the day before the conference, Monday May 31st, 12-4pm.
Speaker Party Volunteers
2-3 Volunteers to help out at the speaker party on the evening of Tuesday, June 1st.
Daytime and evening volunteer coordination. Two volunteers at least to cover 8am to 6pm and one volunteer to cover 6pm to 9pm.
Hacker Lounge Coordinators (Day and Evening)
Hang out in the hacker lounge and make sure things run smoothly. 1-3 volunteers needed in 2- and 4-hour shifts.
Session Room Helpers (one per room)
Attend a session and help out as needed. 1 volunteer per room (we have six) per session block.
Shifts: 9:45 to 11:45 13:15 to 15:15 15:30 to 17:30
General Event Support
Provide misc support for the event: run errands, relieve and fill in for other volunteer positions, etc. 4-5 volunteers needed during the day and 1-2 volunteers needed during the evening BoFs (until 10pm).
Speaker lounge coordinator
Monitor the speaker lounge. Welcome speakers and help them with any issues that arise. 1 volunteer per shift.
Greeters (8am to 10am)
Welcome people to the conference on the first day, provide directions to registration and rooms.
Registration Assistant Coordinator (8am to 4:45pm)
Help out at the registration desk (registering attendees, badge printing, answering questions.) One volunteer will act as a back-up to the registration coordinator. 2-5 per shift (more volunteers needed in the morning).
Nice to Haves
(List any tasks for which it would be nice to have on-site volunteers.)