2009/Getting To Portland
This page will help you navigate to our convention. We are holding our convention at the Oregon Convention Center and Hilton Portland. For help with travel arrangements please contact out travel partner Travel Command.
For directions and help getting around please visit our Open Source Bridge Travel map.
You may be arriving by plane, train, or automobile. Here is some helpful information on getting to the hotel from your place of arrival.
Flying to Portland
If you are flying to Portland, you will be landing at Portland International Airport. From there you can take Max, a taxi, or a shuttle to the Hilton Hotel or Oregon Convention Center. Max is part of Portland's metro-wide mass transit system called Trimet. It is a cheap and environmentally friendly option which we encourage you to use. The fare is $2.30 to get from the airport to anywhere in town. An all-day pass is $4.75. The hotel and conference center are in no-fare zone that covers much of downtown. Trip planning assistance is available from Trimet, and on Google Transit. If you rent a car, here are driving directions from the airport to the hotel.
Driving to Portland
- Here's how to get to the hotel from North of us.
- Here's how to get to the hotel from South of us.
- Here's how to get to the hotel from East of us.
- Here's how to get to the hotel from West of us.
Amtrak to Portland
- Check out the Amtrak road atlas and book your ticket. Once you do that, you'll need to determine how to get from Union Station (where the train stops) to the hotel. Your cheapest option will be Tri-Met, Portland's public transit system.
- How to get from Union Station to the hotel: Your best bet will be to take a #9 or a #17 (either one labelled "To Portland") down to SW 4th and SW Taylor. Get off there and walk west to SW 6th and Taylor. Hey look! A Hilton!
- If enough people are on the same train, a shuttle system may be possible. Please contact an organizer for details.