• Extensive experience in creating highly scalable web systems and years of solving performance, security and internationalization problems with web/mobile systems.
• Working on creating the next generation Yahoo! frontpage , the most viewed web portal in the world, and creating a new platform for enabling creation of very efficient modules which can work with frontpage scale.
• Four years of experience with a variety of mobile and internet products at Yahoo! India R&D and Yahoo! India and Emerging market teams at Bangalore.
• Lead engineering teams for two complete products with aggressive time lines.
• Part architecture review for many Yahoo! products including frontpage.
• Graduate degree in Mathematics and Computer science with distinction.
Proposals for this user
* Server optimization for high traffic web systems using multiple retry and learning timeout patterns
A webpage typically will be as slow as the slowest request in the page. So if for a high traffic website like Yahoo! frontpage has lots of such possibly slow external apis, it could hold webserver processes and also effect user experience. Multiple Retry is a feature meant to optimize server resource utilization and efficiently use webserver processes/threads.
|Chemistry||2010-03-26 18:24:10 +0000|