DevOps, Cloud, Automation and more! (Part 2 of 2)*
Lightning talks and discussions on devops best practices, cloud infrastructures, and automation tools. [continuation of earlier BoF]
This is a continuation of the BoF at http://opensourcebridge.org/sessions/720
puppet, devops, chef, cfengine, automateit, sysadmin
Open Source Bridge Foundation
Business-Technology Consultant, creating sophisticated applications using Ruby, Python, Java and UNIX.
Open source contributor and community organizer:
- Open Source Bridge conference
- Calagator wiki-editable community calendaring platform
- pdxruby, Portland Ruby Brigade user group
- pdxfunc, Portland Functional Programming user group
- pdxdevops, Portland DevOps user group
- WhereCampPDX geospatial conference
- OpenConferenceWare, open source conference software running this site
- ePDX/Citizenry, open source community directory platform
- AutomateIt, open source automation tool managing this server
James Loope is the Head of Operations at Janrain. He is a specialist in scalable infrastructure, virtualization, cloud infrastructure and computer security.
James is an author and open source geek. James authored two books about Puppet: Pro Puppet and Pulling Strings with Puppet. He is also the author of three other books including Pro Linux System Administration, Pro Nagios 2.0, and Hardening Linux.
For a real job, James is VP Technology Operations for Puppet Labs. He likes food, wine, books, photography and cats. He is not overly keen on long walks on the beach and holding hands.
- Title: The Open Cloud
- Track: Cooking
- Room: B301
- Time: 3:45 – 4:30pm
Why be locked into a cloud vendor?
Shouldn’t Cloud be Open Cloud and powered by Open Source software?
Open Stack is a collection of open source technologies to deliver a cloud operating system. Learn about Open Stack and how to use it to deliver your own Open Source powered clouds.
- Speakers: James Turnbull, Eric Day