Every website needs a developer API*
Some of your web site's users have free time that they'd love to spend building features that they (and probably others) find to be missing. We'll talk about several steps that you can take as a site owner to make it possible for developers in your community to prototype, innovate, enhance, and remix your site's features and data so don't have to. It's probably simpler that you think.
Rough talk outline:
- Does this apply to my website?
- Examples of ultra-successful web APIs
- Examples of small sites with worthwhile APIs
- Deciding what your API should look like
- Tips and tricks for building your API
Scott Blomquist is a puzzle pro, a parallel entrepreneur, and a practicing father.