Open Source Geographic Information Systems*
With the burgeoning of location-based services, and free tools like Google Earth/Maps, as well as open source webmapping tools, many open source developers are looking to add geographic information to their projects. Our panel will discuss the current state of open source GIS, where to find free geographic data, give some demos of current software, and answer your questions.
This panel brings together open source GIS geeks to introduce geographic data and to answer your questions about geographic information systems.
- Where do I get free geographic data?
- How do I get that data into my application?
- What tools exist to display that data?
- How can I integrate geographic information into my project?
Tools discussed will likely include, but certainly are not limited to:
- Google Maps
- Various geocoding tools/services
Anything else the audience wishes to discuss.
Darrell is a GIS and IT geek going way back.