...Because Community Development matters.*
The focus of talk would be on two major things Called "Initiate" and "Impact". How to Initiate a Open source community? and How to create an Impact through a community?
I would talk about the things that we should care to initiate Open source community. What are the problems you could face during setting up a community and how to solve that problems. What are the things you would have to do that would make an impact.
Basically, I would focus on Two things “Initiate” and “Impact”. I believe that we could enhance any open source project by building a healthy community across the world. I would cover below points during my talk.
- Type of community(a geographic chapter: for a city, region, state, or country
a student chapter: for a university, college, or school)
- Define a Vision and Mission.
- How to understand the nature of your region where you are gonna initiate your community.
- Establish core team and define role.
- How to understand the need of people? why it is matter?
- How to design an events/conference/workshops/hackathon?
- How to find sponsors/partners?
- Which type of events/conference/WS/hackathon you should do that would helpful for society?
- An Importance of Input and Output.
- Measure a success matrix.
- Encourage developers to contribute Open source Project.
Mostly, Impact would be a depends on your output so Input should be very clear and visible. Sign of Impact: Once you start solving problems around your society you would start making an Impact.
At the end I would like to share my experiences of Python users group Gujarat and Google Student Ambassador.
community, Open Source
Google DevFest 2013
PyCon UK 2014
He’s studying his B.Tech IT from GTU. Open source enthusiast.