Painless Project Estimation*
Engineers hate making estimations because they are a pain and can be wildly inaccurate. Alex will walk through some practical ways to make accurate project estimates that lead to successful projects and create happy clients and engineers
Alex will go through stories from his 5 years of experience leading software development teams to create project estimations. Some topics covered will include:
- Precision vs. Accuracy and why a team should always strive for estimation accuracy above precision.
- The 3 different ways of communicating deadlines: Business targets, engineering estimates, and project commitments.
- 2 popular methods of project estimation: Work breakdown schedule, XP
- How to bring a project estimation process into your organization
- Useful data you should be collecting about your estimation process
Alex creates beautiful software at OpenSourcery in Portland, OR.