Open Source Bridge kicks off TOMORROW!
Dates: Tuesday-Friday, June 26–29, 2012
Location: The Eliot Center, 1226 SW Salmon St., Portland, OR 97205. Map: http://goo.gl/maps/4Vus
Doors and registration open at 8am to give you time to pick up your badge. We’ll be serving breakfast pastries, tea, and coffee.
Our program begins Tuesday at 9am sharp with a short welcome from our Co-Chairs and then Sumana Harihareswara’s keynote.
- Keynotes: Sumana Harihareswara on Tuesday, Jason Scott on Wednesday, and Paul Fenwick on Thursday. All keynotes start at 9 am in the Sanctuary.
- Tuesday evening: Community Night in the Hacker Lounge (sponsored by Intel). Several open source projects such as Mozilla’s new phone operating system Boot 2 Gecko and Wikimedia’s Visual Editor will be on hand to meet and hack with you.
- Thursday evening: the Official Party, sponsored by Simple and Gilt Groupe! Admission is included with your full conference pass. If you purchased a day pass, or want to bring a friend, we have a limited number of party tickets available for $10 each.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings: The Hacker Lounge will be open until 10:30pm Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and until 8pm on Thursday (so you can go to the party!) There will also be Birds-of-a-Feather sessions at the conference venue in the evenings.
- Friday: Unconference day, sponsored by Wikimedia Foundation. Consider leading a session, perhaps on something that sparked your interest during the main conference. You don’t have to be an expert to propose a session, just arrive on time because scheduling begins at 9am.
Check out the full conference schedule for your planning-ahead pleasure! Don’t forget to favorite the talks you plan to attend!
Want to help? Volunteers needed!
We have a number of unfilled volunteer shifts, so please consider contributing a few hours if you are able. Details and signup on our volunteer site.
Thanks to Our Wonderful Sponsors
The Social Media Stuff
- The conference hash tag is #osb12.
- Follow @osbridge on Twitter
- Facebook Page
- Flickr Pool
- #osbridge on Freenode
- Our blog
If you know someone who would like to attend, but hasn’t registered, let them know there’s still time! Full, single day and community passes and party companion tickets are available on our registration page.
Like conference souvenirs? You can also buy a t-shirt or scarf through Eventbrite for pick up at the conference. These are all things we might run out of, so if you’re sure you want one, order now!
Email email@example.com if you need help or have any questions about buying tickets or merchandise.
You might find answers to your questions on our wiki.
Otherwise, send your general questions, feedback, or other comments to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help.
See you tomorrow!