Open Source Bridge is a 100% volunteer-run event and we need your help to make it awesome! One of the most direct ways you can help is to volunteer on-site during the conference. We have many volunteer positions available — from simple errand-running, to the more complicated registration, speaker lounge, and assistant volunteer coordinator positions. We have something for everyone, and you don’t have to be an über coder to be a stellar volunteer.
Because we <3 our volunteers, we will provide a complimentary ticket to those who commit at least 8 hours of their time. (Note: we can’t provide refunds to those who have already purchaed their ticket.)
And, for the first time, all volunteers will recieve a special Open Source Bridge volunteer t-shirt. Volunteers will also get their own lounge complete with yummy snacks.
Now is your chance! The volunteer schedule is now open for sign-ups. Visit the How to Sign-Up page on our wiki for full instructions on how to sign-up as a volunteer.
To learn more about volunteering on-site, please come to one of the following meet-and-greets:
- Monday, June 6th from 6:30 to 7:30pm – Lucky Labrador Overlook Tap Room: http://calagator.org/events/1250460674
- Monday, June 13th from 6:30 to 7:30pm – Lucky Labrador Overlook Tap Room: http://calagator.org/events/1250460675
- Tuesday, June 14th, 12:30 to 1:15pm – US Bank Tower, Second Floor lunch area: http://calagator.org/events/1250460676
We will also have an on-site volunteer orientation the day before the conference. While not mandatory, it’d be great if you could attend:
- Monday, June 20th at 12pm to 1pm – Orientation/Setup for Open Source Bridge: http://calagator.org/events/1250460677
- Monday, June 20th at 4pm to 5pm – Orientation/Setup for Open Source Bridge: http://calagator.org/events/1250460678
If you can’t come to any of the meet-and-greets or orientations, or just have questions, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Shepherd Griffin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering is the essence of Open Source Bridge and we are excited to work with you!